Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Sixth Beatitude




"Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God."

The Sixth Beatitude means that all who don’t sin and isn’t selfish will see the face of God. People who put other needs before them is pure at heart. To be pure of heart you must show agape love, a love that is self sacrificing.

An example of this is the soldiers. The soldiers fight not for themselves but for the people they love and everyone else. They aren’t selfish because they are willing to risk their life to protect others.

5 comments:

  1. Vihn, I believe you did an excellent job of describing this beatitude. I like how you used the term "agape," the greek verb for unconditional love. I think it aptly fits with this beatitude, in the sense that all we do must be without a personal agenda driving it; this shows you are doing something for another because you want them to be better (self-sacrificing). Nextly, I thought your example of the soldier was skewed at first, but as I read your second sentence, I realized you took the ambiguity out of your thoughts, showing you truely knew the self-sacrifice of a soldier. Finally, I liked your use of a baby picture fro this Beatitude, for it clearly shows Jesus' "let the little children come" philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe thanx for responding to my beatitude. Also thank you for agreeing with me. Not many people understand my writings but atleast you did and that counts. It pretty cool how you notice the meaning of the picture I posted on the beatitude also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just like how you gave me the answer soooooo thankyouuuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete