Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Seventh Beatitude



"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God."


The Seventh Beatitudes is about peacemakers. The peacemaker doesn’t just promotes peace but they also live it out everyday of their life. They set an example of peace to show everyone that violence isn’t the only way. This Beatitude meaning is to tell us to follow the ways of peace and violence only leads to more violence.


An example of this is Mohandas Gondi. He believe in non violence and that nothing can be resolve with violence. During the struggles and hardship due to violence he encourage many people to not use violence to strike back but peace because peace brings peace and violence brings violence.

2 comments:

  1. Vihn, as I told Foster in his post, I thought your post added a new spin to my previous assumptions about this beatitude. I only believed this beatitude meant that one must sate the turmoil from without, but you have clearly shown me that it also says to sate the turmoil within. Then, "peacemakers" could mean those who fine tranquilty inside themselves, so that their peaceful nature will affect others. I might have not considered your ideas a possiblity if you had not brought forth Gandhi. This man was a symbol of peace who brought a whole nation into unity; a very good example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joe for responding to my Beatitude. You spelled my name wrong by the way. But other then that your welcom for taking someting new from my beatitude. I know Ganhdi was a peaceful man and more people should follw his non violence way of life.

    ReplyDelete